There are no hard rules when it comes to art collecting. We encourage you to develop your own taste and focus on what you enjoy the most. The art of Victor Bregeda is special. Once you are able to unwrap Victor’s artistic storytelling, you may be hooked for life.
We get many requests about collecting Victor’s art, and we have put together this page to answer the most common questions. Please contact us for any further inquires.
Victor Bregeda’s art is available for collecting in several forms:
ORIGINAL ARTWORKS – Obviously, this is the best way to collect art. You acquire a truly unique artwork that represents by far the highest value. However, with the value comes the price of purchasing the museum-quality art. Many originals are committed to galleries and collectors ahead of time, and the opportunities to buy may not be always available.
- Original oil paintings – Victor is known for his incredible Dutch-school technique of oil on canvas. There is no substitute to observing a true painting. By acquiring an original you get a real treasure, something that becomes a meaningful part of your family estate. If you love Bregeda art, you should ask yourself a question, “What if I could have an original painting?”
- Commissioned paintings – Victor takes on a few commissioned paintings a year. If you admire a particular subject that is no longer available, let us know and Victor may be agreeable to re-create a similar composition.
LIMITED EDITIONS – The majority of Victor Bregeda titles are published in limited editions of giclee prints on canvas and some on paper. The term “giclee” refers to the printmaking technology. Images are generated from high resolution digital scans and printed with archival quality inks onto canvas and fine art paper. The quality of the giclee print rivals traditional silver-halide and gelatin printing processes and is commonly found in museums, art galleries, and photographic galleries. All Bregeda limited edition prints are hand-signed by Victor and individually numbered to indicate a unique number in the edition.
- Limited Editions on Canvas – If you had a chance to visit a gallery lately and see a canvas giclee, you probably had a hard time distinguishing it from an original. A canvas print is a perfect compromise for someone who wants to enjoy his favorite painting without a substantial investment. The quality of printing media and technology is designed to last for over 100 years.
- Dedications – Victor spends most of his time in his homeland Russia and comes to the U.S. only 2-3 times a year primarily for art shows. During his visits, Victor is able to hand-write personal dedications on customer orders. Typically, a dedication looks like a small hand-written note on the back of a canvas. This service is free of charge and is a unique opportunity to commemorate your artwork or make it a special gift for someone else.
- Remarques – Victor does not usually embellish prints with hand-painted colors. However, he will occasionally hand-paint additional imagery on a canvas print. This is a very rare opportunity that is available during his visits. A personal remarque transforms a limited edition print into a unique piece of art. This service is available for an additional fee, but is well worth it when you can get it.
- Galleries – If you discovered Bregeda art at a gallery and formed a relationship with the gallery staff, we encourage you to work with them in the future. We only work with galleries that provide good customer service. If you experience any issues, please let us know.
- Selling direct – In recent years, Victor has been acquiring many faithful fans above and beyond the traditional gallery channels. Many people discover Bregeda artworks on the Internet, museum exhibitions, and art fairs. Consequently, we sell directly to our clients through our online store.
- Pricing – We have a uniform pricing policy that is generally consistent across the retail and direct channels. The prices depend on artwork popularity, size, and critical acclaim. We do not publish our price list, and you should always check on the price of a specific artwork. It only takes a minute to send us a price inquiry. Do not assume anything, you may be pleasantly surprised after all.